The safety of our patients, employees, and visitors is our top priority. With limited visitation now permitted, outpatients and visitors may experience a brief delay at the main and Parkview Center entrances as everyone entering the building is screened for COVID-19. The screening involves a temperature check, questionnaire, and a wrist band for all visitors and outpatients. We ask that you be patient with us as we carry out this necessary precaution for the health and safety of all involved.
UPDATED VISITATION GUIDELINES
Masks are required at all times regardless of vaccination status.
ICU and CCU:
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4 :00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
All other in-patient units: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(Visitors who are screened at 6:00 p.m. may remain in the patients’ rooms until 7:30 p.m.)
- One (1) caretaker/visitor, approved by the patient, may visit during normal visiting hours. The visitor may NOT exit the building and return the same day. All visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
No children are permitted in patient care areas.
- If admission or discharge fall outside normal visiting hours, one (1) approved caretaker/visitor may accompany the patient for 60 minutes at a time.
- Overnight visitation may be allowed under certain circumstances and approved by unit management or the nursing supervisor.
Pediatric Inpatient Units - Visitation is 24/7
- Two (2) approved caretaker/visitors allowed at a time in patient’s room for pediatric inpatients. Two (2) approved visitors are permitted overnight for pediatric inpatients.
- COVID-19 positive and COVID-19 PUI (person under investigation awaiting test results) are allowed two (2) approved visitors in room at all times including overnight for pediatric inpatients.
Obstetric Inpatient Units - Visitation is 24/7
- OB/Women’s Center – Patient will designate up to two (2) visitors who can be with the patient at all times including overnight. Visitors/caretakers are allowed to exit building and return in the same day; however, the designated visitors cannot be changed or substituted with other visitors.
Pre-Operative/Procedural Registration/ Diagnostics
One (1) caregiver/visitor may accompany the patient and remain in the patient’s room while the patient is in surgery.
Visitor cannot leave the room.
Out-Patient Diagnostic Procedures
Patients coming for out-patient diagnostic testing are encouraged to come alone, unless assistance is needed.
No visitors allowed on Oncology Out-patient unless needed for care.
Adult: One (1) visitor may accompany patient to and remain in the room during visit when needed. Patients are encouraged to come alone when possible.
- Pediatric: Patients are allowed two (2) visitors.
- Obstetric: Allowed two (2) visitors per patient.
One (1) approved visitor (over age of 18) with each adult patient arrival to ED. Visitor cannot leave the room.
- Two (2) approved visitors (over age of 18) with each pediatric patient. Visitor(s) cannot leave the room.
- Two (2) approved visitors (over age of 18) with each obstetric patient. Visitor(s) cannot leave the room.
- Visitor may accompany patient to and remain in room during ED stay. Visitor cannot leave the room.
- Approved visitors will be allowed to stay with the patient in the waiting room, as long as physical distancing requirements allow.
- When waiting room reaches a point where physical distancing cannot be met, the following will occur:
- Adult Patients: Visitors with adult patients will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle unless the patient requires the visitor to assist with maintaining safety (Ex: deaf/blind patients, low mental capacity, significant mobility limitations)
- Pediatric Patients: In cases where a pediatric patient has two visitors, one visitor will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle
- Obstetric Patients: In cases where an obstetric patient has two visitors, one visitor will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle.
Additional accommodations will be coordinated to support family presence during end-of-life circumstances as warranted pursuant to WV House Bill 2368.