The safety of our patients, employees, and visitors is our top priority. With limited visitation now permitted, outpatients and visitors may experience a brief delay at the main and Parkview Center entrances as everyone entering the building is screened for COVID-19. The screening involves a temperature check, questionnaire, and a wrist band for all visitors and outpatients. We ask that you be patient with us as we carry out this necessary precaution for the health and safety of all involved.
UPDATED VISITATION GUIDELINES
Masks are required at all times regardless of vaccination status.
ICU and CCU:
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
All other in-patient units: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Visitors who are screened at 6:00 p.m. may remain in the patients’ rooms until 7:30 p.m.
All visitors must pass the COVID-19 screening at the entrance in order to be a caretaker/visitor. Patients that are COVID-positive or PUI (persons under investigation) will be allow visitation at admission and then every five (5) days pursuant of WV House Bill 2368.
- Two (2) caretaker/visitors, approved by the patient, may visit at a time during normal visiting hours. The visitors may exit building and return the same day. The two caretaker/visitors do not have to be the same throughout the day. One or both visitors may leave and one or two approved new visitors may come to the patient’s room during normal visiting hours. All visitors must be 18 years of age or older. No children are permitted in patient care areas.
- If admission or discharge fall outside normal visiting hours, two (2) approved caretaker/visitors may accompany the patient for 60 minutes at a time.
- No overnight visitation allowed with the exception of requests considered and approved by unit management with special circumstances.
Pediatric Inpatient Units - Visitation is 24/7
- Two (2) approved caretaker/visitors allowed at a time in patient’s room for pediatric inpatients. Visitors/caretakers are allowed to exit building and return in same day. Two (2) approved visitors are permitted overnight for pediatric inpatients.
- COVID-19 positive and COVID-19 PUI (person under investigation awaiting test results) are allowed two (2) approved visitors in room at all times including overnight for pediatric inpatients.
Obstetric Inpatient Units - Visitation is 24/7
- OB I Women’s Center – Two (2) approved visitors at all times including overnight. Visitors/caretakers are allowed to exit building and return in same day.
Pre-Operative/Procedural Registration/ Diagnostics
- No visitors with patient in Pre-Operative area (exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for children, etc.).
- No visitors allowed on Oncology Out-patient unless needed for care.
- Adult: One (1) visitor may accompany patient to and remain in room during visit.
- Pediatric: Patients are allowed two (2) visitors.
- Obstetric: Allowed two (2) visitors per patient.
- One (1) approved visitor (over age of 18) with each adult patient arrival to ED.
- Two (2) approved visitors (over age of 18) with each pediatric patient.
- Two (2) approved visitors (over age of 18) with each obstetric patient.
- Visitor may accompany patient to and remain in room during ED stay.
- Approved visitors will be allowed to stay with the patient in the waiting room, as long as physical distancing requirements allow.
- When waiting room reaches a point where physical distancing cannot be met, the following will occur:
- Adult Patients: Visitors with adult patients will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle unless the patient requires the visitor to assist with maintaining safety (Ex: deaf/blind patients, low mental capacity, significant mobility limitations)
- Pediatric Patients: In cases where a pediatric patient has two visitors, one visitor will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle
- Obstetric Patients: In cases where an obstetric patient has two visitors, one visitor will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle.
Additional accommodations will be coordinated to support family presence during end-of-life circumstances as warranted pursuant to WV House Bill 2368.