We value our patients’ families and understand the role they play in the patient’s healing and overall well-being. For that reason, the decision was made to resume visitation on a limited basis when our in-house positivity rate for COVID-19 patients falls below 20%.
The decision will be determined each Monday morning, based on the current COVID positivity rate, and may change from week to week.
The following restricted visitation policy will be effective Tuesday, February 16 through Monday, February 22, 2021.
• Visiting hours for areas other than critical care will be 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• NO VISITATION for COVID-positive patients or patients being tested for COVID.
• Visitor will be screened at the time of entry. The screeners will log each visitor’s name, phone number, screening information, and room visited.
• Visitor must wear a mask at all times, even in the patient’s room. They should bring their own mask. If a visitor chooses not to wear a mask or not to comply with all visitation guidelines, they will be asked to leave immediately.
• Visitor must stay in the patient’s room. They should use the call bell if assistance is needed. No visitors will be allowed to stand at the nurses’ desk or in the hallways, or travel in and out of the room (out to smoke, to the cafeteria, etc.).
• End-of-life care visitation allowance is determined by the physician and nursing staff caring for the patient.
• All visitors should enter through the main entrance except for OB/Women’s Center and ER.
• NO VISITORS for Surgery/Day Surgery, unless necessary (child, lacking capacity, etc.). Exceptions must be approved by the department.
• NO VISITORS for Outpatient Oncology.
• In-patients Med/Surg Units – 1 visitor will be allowed per day, during the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Once the visitor leaves the room, they may not return until the next day. There is no switching off on the 1 visitor per day.
• ICU/CCU units – 1 visitor will be allowed for 2-hour increments: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The visitors may be a different person for the second 2-hour increment on the same day, but only 1 person is allowed in at a time. If the visitor leaves during a 2-hour increment, they may not return until next 2-hour increment.
• OB/Women’s Center – 1 support person allowed.
• ER – 1 visitor per patient except for COVID-positive patients or patients being tested for COVID.
• Exceptions may be made for patients requiring an essential caregiver.
We respectfully request that for the health and safety of patients, employees, and the public, all visitors comply with visitation guidelines.
All visitation guidelines will be reevaluated each Monday morning.