Our Cardiopulmonary Department is staffed by LPNs and certified and registered respiratory care practitioners. They play a vital role in the health of our community by diagnosing and treating people suffering from heart and lung problems. Every day, they help people with conditions like heart disease, asthma, bronchitis and COPD to feel better and live a more complete life.
Our staff is highly trained in cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology as well as the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. Their expertise lies in their understanding of the interaction between respiratory medications, equipment and human physiology.
- Echocardiography – 2D and stress (ultrasound scan of the heart)
- Transesophageal echocardiography (ultrasound scan of the heart through the esophagus under sedation)
- Duplex carotid (ultrasound scan of the arteries in the neck)
- Cardiac stress testing (treadmill) – exercise and chemical
- Electrocardiogram (ekg)
- Holter monitor – 24 hours (records ekg for 24 hours)
- Event monitor (monitors ekg for up to 30 days)
- Pulmonary function studies (breathing tests)
- Arterial blood gas (blood sample taken from artery in the wrist)
- Bronchial provocation (testing for asthma)
- Patient assessment (concerning respiratory therapy treatment modalities)
- Handheld nebulization (updraft)
- Metered dose inhaler therapy
- Incentive spirometry (deep breathing exercises)
- Chest physiotherapy (lung drainage)
- Oxygen therapy
- Aerosol therapy
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Biphasic positive airway pressure (BIPAP)
- Mechanical ventilation
- Patient education – respiratory
- EKG, ABG – 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; requires doctor’s order; no appointment needed
- All other cardiac and pulmonary diagnostic procedures – Appointment required; may be scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- All pulmonary therapeutic procedures – Appointment required; may be scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.