Keep Your Appointment from the Comfort and Safety of Your Home!
To all Mercer Medical Group Patients (Athens Medical Center, MMG Primary Care, MMG Cardiology, MMG ENT, MMG General Surgery, MMG Nephrology, MMG Neurology, MMG Pulmonology, MMG Urology, MMG Women’s Health) and The Behavioral Health Pavilion Outpatients:
For your health and safety, and to allay any concerns you have regarding an office visit at this time, we are offering virtual appointments via computer, tablet, iPad, smartphone, or regular telephone for certain appointment types.
Telehealth (computer, tablet, iPad, or smartphone connected to the internet) or Virtual Visit (via regular telephone) will enable you to keep your appointment from the comfort and safety of your home. Telehealth is for Medicare and most insurances, except Medicaid. Virtual Visit is for Medicare only.
Please call your Mercer Medical Group office or The Behavioral Health Pavilion Outpatient office for details and instructions on using these new options.
Call us today to learn more about this exciting new technology!
|Athens Medical Center||304.384.7325|
|MMG Primary Care||304.487.7936|
|MMG General Surgery||304.425.1852|
|MMG Women’s Health||304.425.0025|
|The Behavioral Health Pavilion Outpatient Programs||304.327.9205|
A native of Delaware, Dr. Kenneth J. Baker earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia. He completed both his internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida.
For the past 12 years, Dr. Baker has served as president and CEO of Carolinas Complete Care for Women, LLC, in Lancaster, South Carolina. He has also held teaching positions in obstetrics and gynecology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine in Spartanburg, and the Francis Marion University School of Health Sciences in Nursing and Masters of Science in Nursing in Florence, South Carolina.
Dr. Baker said, “From my first visit to Princeton Community Hospital, I enjoyed the closeness the medical staff had with one another and with the community. I was extremely impressed with the latest high-tech equipment the hospital had to offer its patients and its connection with the leading teaching centers in the region. I fell in love with the small-town charm and with a community hospital that offers the benefits of a modern healthcare facility featuring leading edge technology.”
While providing pelvic surgery, addressing infertility issues, and meeting the healthcare needs of aging women, Dr. Baker believes in ongoing education and research to increase his ability to find solutions for his patients.
He admires the personal commitment he sees from the many dedicated people at Princeton Community Hospital. Dr. Baker said, “PCH is a part of the fabric of the community, and I immediately felt at home here!”
Dr. Baker looks forward to meeting your OB/GYN healthcare needs in southern West Virginia.
Now accepting new patients. Please call 304.425.0025 for an appointment.
Some of the conditions addressed at MMG Women’s Health
• All forms of birth control
• General gynecologic exams, procedures and treatments, including pelvic examinations and Pap smears, breast exams and breast self-examination education
• Chronic pelvic pain
• Female sexuality issues including decreased sexual desire
• Female hormone testing
• Fistula repairs
• General physicals
• Immunizations and injections
• Ovarian cysts
• Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
• Sexually transmitted diseases
• Urinary tract and pelvic infections
• Uterine, vaginal, and vulvar disorders
• Vaginal yeast infections
• Warts and premalignant lesions of the lower reproductive tract
• Pregnancy care (from pre-conception counseling through delivery and postpartum care)
• High risk pregnancy and mental health
• Ectopic pregnancy
• Cervical cerclage, premature labor
• Infertility evaluation and treatment
• Irregular menstruation (heavy bleeding, prolonged periods)
• Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
• One-time, 5-minute procedure to eliminate heavy periods
• Menopause (and midlife care/issues)
Pelvic Floor Issues
• Lower genital tract dysplasia
• Pelvic floor dysfunction and loss of support
• Pelvic heaviness or fullness
• Rectocele and Cystocele
• Urine leakage – incontinence
• Uterine and vaginal prolapse
• Bio-identical hormones and homeopathic medicines
Mercer Medical Group Women’s Health
114 Undercliff Terrace
(In the building with Dr. Joe Ellington)
Princeton, WV 24740
Open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.