Please observe the following visiting hours for the comfort and well being of our patients at Princeton Community Hospital.
General Patient Units
Visiting hours are from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. All visitors are asked to leave promptly at 8 p.m. In order to stay past visiting hours or overnight, you must get permission and obtain a pass from the Charge Nurse.
Visiting hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. All visitors are asked to leave promptly at 8 p.m. One person may be allowed to spend the night in the patient's private room; in order to stay, you must get permission and obtain a pass from the Charge Nurse.
When visiting hours are over, the visitors of a mother in active labor may be allowed to continue waiting in the Parkview Lobby, which is adjacent to the Women’s Center. After the mother has delivered, a short visit may be allowed.
Moms-to-be may choose two people to support them during delivery. Siblings may visit their new brother or sister once their mother has been moved back to her room. (For the safety and convenience of hospital patients and staff, parents must remain with the siblings at all times and ensure that they stay in the room, not in the hallways.) Siblings should wash their hands and wear a patient gown while in the room. They may hold the infant under a parent's supervision.
Intensive Care/Coronary Card Units (ICU/CCU)
ICU/CCU staff strive to provide the best care for all of our patients. We understand that family and friends are important. That is why we have created an open visitation policy. Open visitation means that visitors may visit their loved ones anytime with very few restrictions. There are a few rules that we hope you will follow when you visit:
- Before entering the unit, please call the nurse’s station using the phone located outside of the waiting area.
- Unit will be closed to visitors for two forty-five minute periods each day: 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – as these times are reserved for shift reports.
- Only two visitors are allowed to enter at one time. More visitors may be allowed at a time if permission is granted from the nurse.
- Food and beverages brought inside the unit must be approved by the nurse.
- Maintain a quiet environment.
- No smoking inside the hospital or on hospital property.
- Do not visit if you have any type of infection.
- Refrain from sitting on the patient’s bed, and do not prop feet up on bed.
- Wear a shirt and shoes.
- If you are visiting a patient in isolation, please follow the guidelines listed on the sign posted on the patient’s door. If you have any questions ask your nurse.
- If you leave the building after 8:00 p.m., please enter through the ER main entrance and get a visitor’s pass from security.
- Children under 12 years of age are discouraged from visiting. Permission may be granted by the nurse in special situations. Please supervise all children that enter the unit. Do not allow them to roam around the unit or play with medical equipment.
- One visitor may stay overnight if permission is granted by the nurse.
- No pictures or videos may be taken inside the unit.
- Patients have the right to refuse visitors.
- Nurses may ask visitors to leave during certain medical procedures or if they believe it is beneficial to the patient’s healing. Please be respectful of the nurse’s decision.